Six Critical Items To Know Before Buying a Home
Making The Buying Process Work For You
When considering buying a home or a property, it is most important to, as they say "have all your ducks in a row", in order to get the best deal possible and for your transaction to closing with no or few problems. After over 25 years of seeing all kinds of situations come up, that either hinders or causes a transaction not to close. I would like to offer six critical items that I consider most important to getting your deal closed with no or few problems.
- PRE-APPROVAL….cash is king, but if you do not have cash…your loan is the most important item in buying a property. Getting pre-approved for a loan lets you shop with confidence, knowing that when you find the right home, you will be able to buy it. Most sellers require a pre approval letter for them to even consider any offer. First Texas Realty has proven loan officers that will not charge you any upfront fees and have the experience to tell upfront if you have any credit issues and will let you know what you need to do to resolve any issues. Get Pre-Approved now and know.
- AFFORDABLE…buying a home and not being able to buy furniture for it, or not being able to afford to do anything else, is not a good idea. Your home is a important part of your life, but not the only thing in life. Make sure to leave room for other enjoyments and emergencies in life.
- LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION….Get the best area you can afford. You can fix a home, but you can not fix an area. A bad home in a good area is a much better than a good home in a bad area. If you find a home you like, drive by the area at different times to kind of monitor what is going on. Be realistic about it, just because an area is not a affluent area does not mean it is not good and has good neighbors in it. Try to, if you can, to talk with some of the neighbors. Do research on different area's you are considering.
- SHOPPING FOR THE RIGHT HOME…make shopping as easy and convent as possible. If you are looking for a home and are looking diligently on a daily basis to search the MLS, one day something will come up and you will miss just miss the dream home you have been looking for. Sign up for our "AUTO NOTIFICATION SYSTEM" and all homes in the area you choose, and price range you would like, will be sent directly to your inbox, as soon as they hit the market.
- MAKING AN OFFER…making an offer can be somewhat of an exciting and stressful venture. The biggest question I usually get is, what is the home really worth and how much should I offer? These are very good questions and really the best way to tell is with a CMA (Comparative Market Analysis) that will tell you what the homes or properties in the area have recently been selling for. First Texas Realty VIP Home Buyer Program, will take the stress out making an offer, because we will line you up with a proven loan officer that will pre-qualify for the best loan for you at no charge, make sure the home is affordable and will not cramp your style, assist you in finding the right location that you like and feel comfortable in, and set you up on our Auto Notification System to make shopping for a home a pleasure.
- REPRESENTATION…whether or not you are buying a new, resale or foreclosed home you need to have a professional real estate agent represent you and your interest. At First Texas Realty we look at representation as much more than a form you sign. It is personal to us. It is THE primary goal of First Texas Realty agents to make sure your buying and/or selling experience is the best possible. We strive for your complete satisfaction and make sure it is your interest that is served FIRST. We still believe in, and live by the Golden Rule of doing others the way we would want to be done.